Friday, August 10, 2012

And the Cup Floweth Over

And the Cup Floweth Over

I can't hand out any magical recipes, but I can say that I think I'm finally seeing a return on all the sweat equity I've been putting forth, for it seems I have found the proper mixture of occupationally interesting ingredients at just the right time.

I'm happy to share that this week things in my neck of the woods have gone from crickets, to a grand cacophony. My resume is getting not just attention, but the right kind of attention, particularly in the children's publishing field I so desire to break into. My cover letters have lost what I can only describe as a stiffness, and I think I'd attribute that to the opportunities I've been applying to. Most recently there have been several openings in the exact job titles I'm seeking, and talking about my love for children's books and young readers alike just comes naturally. 

In addition to several upcoming job interviews (Oh yeah!), I've also been invited to participate in several part-time or remote internships, with an interview for another potential position next week. As if that isn't fabulous enough, I've also been getting some great referrals for my side business. (The one where I help literary professionals with everything from editing to marketing to writing and more.) If this dreamlike state continues, perhaps I'll even get the chance to pick from a handful of job offers, but I don't like to get ahead of myself. Really, I just wanted to share how good it feels to know that the hard work and the (wo)man hours I've been putting in are getting me results.

Passion, persistence and perseverance are my gold-medal traits this week, because without them I wouldn't be heading in this exciting and fun new direction. You can be sure I'll post any affirmative decisions, as well as the necessary shout-outs to friends and colleagues who have helped me along the way, as soon as I have 'em.

Until then...

~Michelle In Turn

No comments:

Post a Comment