Friday, March 23, 2012

Blogging with my Eyes Closed

Some of you might be thinking, "What's with the massive font, Michelle?"  And to you all I reply, L-A-S-E-K.  


That's right, after 31 years of being legally blind without glasses or contacts, I decided the time was right to have vision correction.  This was a really tough decision in some ways, mainly because I am in the process of seeking out a new career in the publishing world...you know, the land of READING!  But on the other hand, it's one of the easiest decisions I've ever made as well.


I had the PRK Custom Lasek, because my vision was so poor, and I wasn't really able to get any less-invasive procedures.  The first few days of recovery can only be described as brutal, but now on the 5th day I can honestly say I am already seeing better than I have in my whole life.  I mean, I have peripheral vision!  I frown on the overuse of exclamation points too, but this is one occasion that warrants it.


I can see!  And now, I'll be able to see perfectly for my new career, and the rest of my life.  So what if I've temporarily lost that sexy librarian look for now, I'll so get it back in my mid-40's.  Something to look forward to ;-)


Happy seeing!!!!!!!


~Michelle In Turn

No comments:

Post a Comment